Monday, September 28, 2009

Skytrex - When Spiderman & Tarzan Battle It Out

Gloves? Checked.

Carabiner? Checked.

Last photo for memory in case anything happens? Checked.

Tribute to those who didn't survive it? No. I will get sued by the management for putting up such defamation. Those are the list of their highly trained staff on duty. Darn! Winconsin Tourism Federation am I landing myself into? So here is the story that leads to my suicidal act recently.

I was blaming my company for not organising enough team building event. In my second year here, I began to understand a new philosophy. If you want to change then you must not sit there and blame others if it's not going your way. You are the change you you want to see. Keeping that in mind, I decided to take matters on my own hand. I invited the daredevils in my company to go for this Skytrex thing in Bukit Cahaya a few months back.



View Larger Map

The route from Selangor arch at Federal Highway

The first of its kind in Malaysia, Skytrex Adventure is a place where you can enjoy jungle trekking from a height never reached before – via the canopy! Test your agility, challenge your fear (since we always claim Fear Is Not A Factor), walk, crawl, glide and swing through our different challenges in the sky, in total safety while appreciating the wonders of the Malaysian Tropical Rain Forest. In short, it's the sensation that has hit the nation. To make things more challenging, I booked the latest attraction in town, the Extreme Challenge (jeng3x). If you want to go for it, then go for the toughest one. So that when others push you to go for Skytrex again, you can simply reject them by saying:

"Sorry matey. I've done the Extreme Challenge. There's nothing for me to prove again"


The set up is perfect. We were gliding from one tree to another as if we were possessed by Tarzan and Spiderman. Safety is in it utmost priority here. Their owner, Julien Repellin a French guy. So, you can be rest assured. Your cable won't snapped suddenly. Your equipment won't tear off. I'm sure and can guaranteed you that "maintenance" word is in their dictionary. We were given instruction in the beginning at a mini track by the guide. After that short trial, you are on your own. You might feel nervous initially. Which step to do first? Which carabiner to hook first? Least worry. You will master it along the way until one stage you can close your eyes and do it with ease. The longest flying fox track is at the beginning. Smart move. Why? Once you done this toughest task first, you don't need to worry the rest. Quite a thoughtful thinking from the owner.

Walking stick was my saviour in Mount Kinabalu expedition. Here the gloves is your best friends. I regretted that I bought those gardening gloves only to be told that it was not allowed. Previously, the thread from those cheap gloves got stuck onto their glider. Owing to that, we were given options to either buy a new pair for RM3 or to borrow from them FOC. I opted for the latter. Sanitary issue aside, monetary issue is more important for me. By putting the gloves on, you will feel Spiderman+Tarzan spirits infused with Mat Rempit's adrenaline rush! Just like how Clark Kent feels when he gets to wear his underwear outside?

You climb the longest ladder.

You leap the greatest valley.

You scale the toughest air defying gravity obstacles.

You swing from earth's one end to the other end.




The best thing is you get to claim yourself Spiderman by performing the real act without landing yourself in the jail like our friend Alain Robert from France too! Isn't it ironic?

3 comments:

aalifah said...

bukit cahaya alrite.so near my house,shld hv held an early open hse, since u wont come all the way to shah alam for nothing

for sure not that many ppl frm the company joined aight?

Au Yong said...

Biasa lo. Beg also tak mau datang. Give free also tak mau. What to do? When it comes to sport activity, not many interested. When it comes to eating, you can expect full house..

Anonymous said...

TAK AJAK PUN!


adrisLSJ

ـ