Wednesday, September 09, 2009

God Must Have Spent Little More On You

Every morning as usual I will reach the office at around 7am. Normally, I will park my car at the visitor car park to free up some allocation for my colleagues. Knowing that no cars will come up as this wee hours, I will use the ramp to get down from the building instead. The air on top of the hill is refreshing. The routine flushing of the sewerage water into the drain is not happening around this time yet. I am lucky.

I walk up to the guard house looking for my freebies of the day. The Sun newspaper. I look at the Indian guard whom with his weary eyes. Putting up a grin possibly thinking it's about time for him to go off duty and the fact that he's actually seeing human instead of ghoulish figure. I greet him. He replies.

"Good morning. God bless you."

I was a bit shocked.

"God bless me?" I ask myself. I was lost for words. Never in my existence I get this kind of reply. I was the class monitor before and led the whole class to stand up and greet the teacher;

"Kelas bangun, selamat pagi cikgu"

Then the whole classroom will be filled by the noise of the chairs and tables being pushed and the sound of eerie voice ensued.

"Se............la...................mat.................
pa..................gi...................
ci..........ku...................."

The teacher will promptly acknowledge and ask us to sit down. I never heard anyone replies with the type of response I am getting from the one this guard is giving me. Even my school which had a Brother on helm during my time did not say, "God Bless You" when I greeted him.

A response like this is implying to you that this young chap is having full faith in his life. He was giving met he impression that this world is wonderful and peace.

Recently, I was a bit down blaming that life is unfair. I was a bit disappointed that with arrogant people who think they are right in every aspect and that the lives they lead are correct. While those not singing the same tune is deemed a failure. Sort of belittling others. Of course, I was angry. But as usual, I won't carry it to the next day.

That early morning itself I received an sms telling me God puts everyone into equal position. It is up to us to get the most and best out of it. I agreed. Instead of dwelling in the gloom, let's just find the way out to sun shine.

I look at the guard and smile.

"Well, thank you. God bless you too"

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You got me wondering why you are talking about office car park and yet the photos are somewhere else. But somehow I know what you mean. I believe life seems to be unfair but I strongly believe what goes around comes around. That will keep the balance somehow.

Au Yong said...

I need to finish my Macau blog but I forgot my adventure there already. Just left with some photos for memory.

ـ