Friday, December 04, 2009

Lookout Point - Heaven From The Top


View Larger Map
From KLCC to Ampang Lookout Point

Correction. I've been to Lookout Point for the fourth times this year. First with my parents, then with Han Ching's parents, then with my friends and then with my brother and HK sister-in-law. Luckily the management didn't name the place Au Yong's Lookout Point or else people might think I'm the owner of it. I discovered this place when I was trying out the new DUKE highway and I ended up heading to Ampang. Aside from Ampang Yong Tau Foo and also Qing Ying's house, I really have no idea what is in store for me in Ampang area. Brandishing her new IPhone, Han Ching googled it out and soon recalled a place called Ampang Little Genting Highland. Well, I might just give it a try even though real Big Genting Highland is just a stone throw away from my house.


As I told you, my first experience here at the Lookout Point Restaurant was a harrowing nightmare before Chinese New Year. Please don't confused by the name of the restaurant. Yes it's called Lookout Point Restaurant. But, it does not represent the one and only restaurant at Lookout Point. Since, this restaurant looks cheaper than others from the outside, most of the first-time visitors will fall for it as the other not-so-cheap-in-look restaurant like Haven, Bread & Olives Cafe, and the also the hidden Gasoline restaurant are being overshadowed by it.

I personally enjoyed Haven. By the name itself, it offers serenity surrounding for relaxing and chit-chatting while enjoying the beautiful scenery of KL landscape. Furthermore, you won't have that pity and hungry faces waiting family standing besides you pressuring you to gobble down your food quickly so they can get your seats. As for the pricing, you can get as cheap as below RM 10 and also above RM30 by the types of dish you order. Fair enough? You won't get abalone cheaper than roti canai, right?


I never tried Bread & Olives and Gasoline because I don't grab the idea of restaurant serving just bread & olive and also petroleum based food. But, fair comments to all the restaurant there, they served mostly western and Asian delights. No roti canai however. They don't buy the idea of the customers order 1 slice of roti canai and sit for 2 hours. Besides, the customers also don't keen on the idea of eating roti canai for the price of RM5 (if they are to serve in their menu) with no free EPL match!


Having been there for four times this year, I noticed a vast changes in the area. Judging from the amount of people thronging in and also the jayparker (a person who parks blindly) scattering all over the hill, I am sure they are making pretty good business there. Even nowadays, Haven is booming with customers the last time I was there.


Now, they even crammed up another restaurant there by conquering the observation tower and convert it into restaurant. It is called Panorama Restaurant. Cheapskate! I was wondering whether they have the right to do it since the observation deck area belongs to government and should be free for public. Their moves is as though putting tables and seats on the walkway. Besides, you even have to pay extra RM3 to park uphill although they claim it is for jockey services when there is a lot of parking before dusk. Anyway, getting there is worthwhile experience even you have to pay RM 3 for parking services that you don't need and also gatecrashing one's romantic night dinner on the observation deck.Just imagine you are about to propose your future-to-be wife on top of the romantic observation deck with beautiful scenery illuminating behind you and the cool breeze brushing down your neck, of all the sudden a bunch of ancient dialect speaking aunties standing besides you and talk loud loud:

Walauwei, KL view sui sui bo jia sui.


Ah Chai ah! Here vely cold, I want bang jio liao.


Wo yao bang sai oh.



Shoot!!




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

If I go again there, I sure will remember you lor. Four times a year? Should nominate your name to the place. Haha! Nice photos there. Really remind me to take Looi there one day...hehe!

Unknown said...

wa ai bang sai also oh...

ـ